Week 6 Journal

Week 6 Journal
Chase Roberts

            This week has kind of been a up and down ride.  I was feeling pretty good about some ideas I had for potential businesses early in the week. I started to really investigate them and try to figure out if they were doable and what I found was that the odds are really not in my favor to start a successful company. Many people try and fail. Sometimes I feel like you have to have a crazy side to start a business. Almost like your back is up against the wall and you have no other choice.
            I feel like Im getting to this point in my life. Im not a fan of the direction the company I work for is heading. Mainly because my brother will end up being my boss and I don’t know if I can work for him without damaging the relationship we have. Its already taken a hit with him just working there. Its tough because I am paid well, but I don’t know if I would be truly happy there.  I think it’s a good, better, best scenario. Is it good to stay where we are? Yes, its good. I am paid well, my family is taken care of, and we are close to my family. But, is it the best scenario? No probably not. We want to end up in the Boise area, and in a location that is a little more rural. Arizona has that, but not the way I want.

            So Im torn, because what I want would require us to take a HUGE leap of faith by moving to a new area, trying to find work there, then ultimately starting a business there. Its tough to take that leap when things are good where we are.  

Comments

Popular Posts