Week 7 Journal

Chase Roberts
Week 7 Journal
               This class is really helping me to get motivated. Last week, the self mastery topic resonated big time with me. This week it is more of the same. Covey nailed it I think when he said you must start with being proactive before anything else will work. My Dad always says, “Nothing works until you do.” Which I have always tried to emulate. I really love the focus of the class, talking about focusing on finding something that you can help the world with. If you focus on that, then the success will come.
               I loved the quote “Private victory precedes public victory.” That I think is an underlying theme of the course as well. I cant say Im perfect at any of this. Which is why I love it so much. I need the motivation. Life is kind of mundane for me lately. Its tough trying to find my calling when I don’t have time to. And maybe that’s my problem, I make the excuse that I don’t have time. But Im just trying to get food on the table for my family right now. Along with go to school. And be a Dad.

               I think part of my problem too is I want everything right now. I can lose sight of the end goal in the day to day grind. I also need to remember that Im 26. 

Comments

Popular Posts