Week 8 Journal

Week 8 Journal
               The readings and videos this week were awesome. Im always a fan of Elder Holland in any setting. He always offers tons of insight and knowledge from first hand experience. I actually had a similar experience as he did when his car broke down while he was moving. We were moving down to Phoenix from Rexburg and our cars engine died. Long story short, it all ended up being ok, but at the time, I didn’t think we would be ok. It was a tough couple months, but we got back on our feet.

               The talks that Elder Holland gave while he was president at BYU were incredible. He was raw and emotional during many of them which was inspiring. He told many stories that I could relate too. I often draw inspiration from his life and example. Im looking forward to the day when I can look back and laugh at the things that trouble me now. I think in 30 years, a completely different set of concerns will be on my mind. I wont be worried about the power bill, or if we have enough diapers. I think Ill be more worried about who my kids are and will become. Im worried about that now, but it will be at the forefront of my mind. Im looking forward to seeing who I will become. The future is bright. 

Comments

Popular Posts