Week 9 Journal

Chase Roberts
Week 9 Journal
               I am really enjoying this class. So far its been nothing but great motivation to take control of my life instead of relying on my boss for my living. This week was tough because I sold our beloved pickup truck, which was basically part of the family. The reason we did so was because my wife and I want to start saving for a house and get out of as much debt as possible. But, I still needed a pickup, just not as big. Anyway, I found a great truck to buy at a dealership. Normally I don’t buy from dealerships because generally you get ripped off. Not in this case. Plus I found an inspiring story of entrepreneurship.

               The guy I bought my truck off of had a small dealership in an old hangar at a small airport here in Mesa called Falcon Field. I probably talked with him for 30 minutes about buying and selling cars (which is something I have experience in). Ive often thought I could open a small dealership and support my family with it. There are many risks involved in that, but I think it could work out. Turned out that he was 23 years old and his Dad spotted him the money to get going. He hired a mechanic to certify all the vehicles and has a small office with a window AC unit. I was in love with his set up. Anyway, it was very inspiring. I am hoping to get into something like that. 

Comments

Popular Posts