Week 11 Journal

I am more grateful for this class every week. Ive been inching closer to launching my business. Ive figured out the legal structure and found more distributors to help in the process. Im pretty excited. I know Im not even close to being independent of my employer, but I can get a small taste of whats its like to not have a boss and not be totally reliant my employer.
It is interesting how many questions about operations creep in the more I think about the business though. How will I provide tech support? What can I offer to the market that is different than what consumers are already getting? What if my distributor is terrible about drop shipping? Etc Etc. All these questions turn into doubt. I feel like its important to just plug your nose and jump, (another one of my Dads phrases).
My attitude on money is something my Dad told me a long time ago and keeps telling me all the time. He says, “If you don’t control your money, it will control you.” He was mainly talking about budgeting. But I think you can take it to another level. Its more about your dominance over an inanimate object. If you are constantly seeking it and wanting it to the point you put it above family and other more eternal priorities, than you are no better than a drug addict and money becomes your master.

Your view of money can absolutely affect the way you live. My brother is so up tight about money, he wont spend any, and he cant live. My in laws are so loose with their money, they are in debt to their ears and cant live the way they want either. So there is a balance that is needed to get to an optimum spot where you can still live well, but responsibly. 

Comments

Popular Posts