Week 12 Journal

Chase Roberts
Week 12 Journal
               Virtue and integrity are crucial to the economy. They are crucial if you want sustained success in anything. Handy points out that without everybody playing by the rules, no one will want to invest in the stock markets. People will invest elsewhere. Which will then lead to more reliance on the government. Which everyone knows is a bad idea because of how bad they are at creating wealth for everyone.
               According to Handy, the real reason to do business is to make a profit so the business can do “something more or better”. I loved the solutions of more democracy and better behavior will improve the culture in the eyes of the public. Pair those with a “new vision of the purpose of business”, and that will steer the ship in the right direction. I believe people are generally good and the majority of people are honest, so with a better vision/goal we could get to where we need to be.

               This week I have made great strides toward creating my company. Ive figured out the structure of the company, got an email address, reserved social media names. Ive asked a friend who is a consultant for some tips and he gave me great references for logo artists, etc. So Ill be getting a logo made soon. Ive found its pretty hard to put consistent effort into a side project on top of a full time job/ school/ family etc. Something generally has to give. The more I taste of making my own decisions, the more I really yearn for entrepreneurship. Its gets tougher for me to take orders at work when while Im working on my company, I make every decision. There is no one there to disagree with me and its great!

Comments

Popular Posts